Fringed Boots

I have finally hauled myself back around to the world of blogging. The Instagram posts were such an easy way to feel I was fanning the embers but the real work must now begin. I was however appalled when my youngest piped up ( at the end of all the holiday Instagrams ) that ' People are going to think you're a right Big Head, posting all those photos of yourself, if they don't know it's for the blog'. Well, you at least know it was for the blog and not me on a Love Myself Fest!!

Whist away I studied the fashion features in the mags. Autumn trends creep in from July onwards it seems and it is easy to feel overwhelmed by the chirpy 'pointers' to what your wardrobe MUST HAVE . The range is eclectic and varied - Boho, Seventies, Full Body Knits, Gothic Lace, Clashing Brocade, Pink, Sixties ( again ! ), Leather, Mannish Tailoring on an on , with different trends being championed by different Fashion Editors. It's enough to make you think 'bu***r it! I'll stick with what I've got!'. And you actually , largely, can .... By that I don't mean, stop buying new clothes. Hell no, where's the joy in that? I mean that by adding certain key items you can update your existing wardrobe and immediately look and feel that you're still in the game ! 

Although the fashion shoots tend to include the entire ensemble for their championed ' look ' , in reality the addition of one judiciously selected item is usually sufficient for us mere mortals. Helpfully, it also avoids the whiff of Fashion Victim too. 

As a starting point for my theory ( not yet patented and with no scientific data to support it ) I have chosen FRINGING . This is a huge trend for AW15 and appears on virtually all items of clothing from ponchos to waistcoats, from skirts to bags. E V E R Y  WHERE !! It's a trend on its own and crosses over nicely into the Seventies look and the Boho Revival. I may look at the other incarnations in a later blog- I am exceedingly fond of a tassell - but have begun with ANKLE BOOTS.

When the weather is as uncertain as it will be over the coming weeks, an ankle boot is the perfect solution. As we know, you're likely to be wearing boots for all but the odd two weeks ( you're away ) in the Year! 

Beginning with the higher heels for those of you who can manage them and creeping down to the ones which will allow you to actually walk from one place to the other. Run even. I might fancy myself in the high ones, stroke them and whisper to them , but it's the flatties which will have the most wear in my life. I can dream though. And now, so can you ....

THE lust boot of the moment has to be this fabulous pair by Aquazzura, a snip at £650 at Matchesfashion.com. Delicate and truly lovely- it's the kind of boot they might have in an avante garde production of A Midsummer a Night's Dream - I love the leaf shaped fringing interspersed with the tassels. Knock out with a pair of soft leather leggings. 









A more realistic version, and only fractionally less lovely, are these from Next, at a great price of only £68. I'm sounding like a QVC Presenter now aren't I? Seriously though a saving of £580 would make me love them more. Think what you could spend the rest on ! Nearly enough for a house in Barnsley! Oh, there's nothing David Cameron can tell me about alienating Yorkshire . 








In Black

Will look fab with skinnies or a skirt or dress. The boot/ skirt combo is one I haven't really been comfortable with to date but it's definitely set to continue. These might be the boots to swing it for me if  I wear with opaque tights. 






Swooping back into ( my ) Fantasy Land are these Sam Edelman boots. I think it's the excess in them which makes them so appealing. The sheer plenty of the fringing. The Rapunzel equivalent in boots.

Strangely it's the higher heeled boots which can tip towards the cloven hoof look - think Mr Tumnus, or the Satyrs in ' Fantasia ' - but those which are close fitting around the ankle and up towards the shin manage to avoid this. The Sam Edelman illustrates this beautifully.


Sam Edelman Belinda Tan Suede Fringed Ankle Boot  £215








Back down to earth again, although not heel wise, are these from Wallis. If you don't want to go overboard with the fringing, these are a great option, with just a discreet amount on the heel. Wear with your favourite LBD for an instant style update. 




Wallis Black Suede Fringe Ankle Boot £75




From now on in the styles become a height which I could contemplate wearing. Unless I completely changed my life, but I'm still working on that so, in the meantime, I still need footwear which I can run (away )in. And I could just about do it in these more modest heeled offerings from Sam Edelman which manage to combine a nod towards the Bohemian yet manage to retain a great degree of spohistication.






Sam Edelman ' Kandice ' Fringe Suede Ankle Boot £180


An alternative style is the more chunky,stacked heel version from Mint Velvet . This will give you the extra height but is a ' tougher' , more relaxed look which, again, references the 70s.






Another simple yet stylish boot is Patience from Dune. Again a stacked heel, but blocked rather than shaped, which balances out the round toe. A more subtle option with the detailing restricted to the ankle tassell. These will be stunning with the longer length, Seventies/ Bohemian dresses which are everywhere on the High Street. 




.



And in Black







Another stylish, mid height boot, this time from Next. I like the lower front which has the effect of extending your leg. This is very much a style I can see working with a skirt or skinny leg trousers. Subtle fringing with no overtone of Pocahontas.



Available in Black and Tan .







In Tan




 
 


All the following boots are everyday heroes. All, which you can wear, and walk in, NOW. They don't involve outlay anywhere else in your wardrobe as you will have plenty of  things which they complement. Skinny jeans, straight legs, boyfriend jeans, leggings and (anything but really long) skirts.

The first pair are from M&S. Although they, rather laughingly , state that they add a certain 'Parisian chic' ( how, I wonder ?! , ) they are a classic . They also come in two colours, other than Black and Tan - Graphite ( a deep greyish colour ) and Burgundy. They also have the Insolia technology, endorsed by the Royal Society of Podiatrists . As one ages it amazing how persuasive such a seal of approval is. Clearly, you'd be mad not to buy them on this premise alone. And , quite apart from that, they look great. 

Also.... From Thursday 17th- Monday 21st September there is 20% off online ( Code SEP15A13 ) and Instore.



M&S Indigo Collection Stain Away Suede Ankle Boot £65

Graphite
Burgundy
 






Next have really cornered the market in the fringed ankle boot arena. Am liking both these styles.





Available in a pale tobacco shade ( easier to wear than some of the stand out shades of tan) and black.
I like the fact that the heel is relatively straight as opposed to the more Cuban/ Cowboy,  angled heel of the boots later in the blog. Not that I dislike that look but can live without the inevitable cries of ' yee har ! ' should I choose to buy them and wear them at home !







Black version





More stylish and highly wearable options....



In Tan








And Black



Perhaps my favourite is the Preda Boot from Dune at £99, available in Tan, Black and Brown. These boots will last season on season and will only improve with wear and a more battered look.








Faith Fringed Ankle Boot at Debenhams .A fashion savvy buy at only £49 for leather uppers and lining and a really  neat option.









So, we have now dipped our toe into A/W styles for 2015. A gentle start. A little bit of fringing goes a long way but it's more than possible to flirt with the look at very little expense and to update your wardrobe with one quick purchase. Should you feel the need to attach tassels to the front of your bra however, you've gone too far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment