Eye Spied 2

 
I hadn't intended to write so soon but I saw a few things which I thought worth telling you about. I don't think many of them will be around for long, given that its a Bank Holiday Week End, so here's the  heads up!

I am really loving Gap at the moment. In the past, with the exception of the jeans, there has not been much to catch my eye. I thought it too plain, too Gwyneth Paltrow  (if she ever fell on hard times), too "I don't wear foundation, just pop out with factor 50 sunblock and a slick of lip gloss for my goji berry smoothie " ! I was wrong. I covered their brilliant Tencel baggy trousers in a recent blog and have discovered how very useful and simple but stylish their clothes really are.

They have a swingeing sale on at the moment .75% off on line and, certainly in my local store, with another 20% off on top of that.

My favourite item in store is the  Brooklyn V neck Sweater which was originally £39.95 and is now on line for £15.99 and £9.99 , depending on the colour.

If I have any issue with Gap its that there is no uniformity of price between the web site and in Store.

 

 
 

 
 
 
 

When I bought mine yesterday in this lovely pale pink  (Pastels are "in" being my thought), I paid  £10.39 !






It comes in 7 Colours- the Cream, Pale Coral and Grey Marl (above) are all £9.99



 
 
 
Its a relaxed fit ,and a  beautifully soft jumper. Its not so thick that you will feel bulky, but is of sufficient weight that you need not worry about  wearing a smooth T shirt Bra. They are always in the wash when you need them in my experience!
 
It has a straight silhouette and dropped shoulders. It hangs well and the deep V is particularly flattering to a larger bust.
 
Its made from a Merino wool, Nylon and Acrylic mix. The only downside is that its hand wash but for that price I can live with it!
 
 
 
Look at this great buy too!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I haven't seen this in the flesh but I'm sure that when my Gap parcel arrives, that I am  going to be delighted.
 
Ponyskin always looks luxe and although a nuisance to clean (essentially you can only wipe it), I think it will be a great addition to my bag box. That contains not all the bags you understand, just my box , or crate, of small ones.
 
I'd like to pretend it would come in for my nights out clubbing - it need never leave my hand - but those days are gone. In fact I don't believe they really ever happened, and I'm sorry for that. Oh well, I can always stroke it whilst I watch "Poldark"-and that's not a euphemism!
 
 
Not as great a saving but equally useful
 
 


Patent Wristlet Black  £6.99 from £14.95


A Friend of mine alerted me to the jacket below. For anyone with a larger bust, you will already be familiar with Pepperberry, the clothes arm of the brilliant and life saving Bravissimo. Before Bravissimo bra buying was a sorry exercise. Your choice was a bra that didn't fit or one with three rows of hooks called "Doreen" if I remember rightly!

Pepperberry has done for Clothes what Bravissimo achieved for bras. Choice in clothing. This jacket comes in their usual range of sizes and would be a great addition to your wardrobe at great price. I noted that some reviewers complain about the lightness of the denim but its quite clear that it very pale indeed and its never going to change in transit, just because you'd prefer it to!





My Friend is rhapsodising about hers.


Finally my H&M jumpsuit




 
 
 
 
 
H&M Patterned Jumpsuit £10 from £24.99

Unfortunately this is no longer on the website or I would have used the official photograph, rather than me looking awkward in the garden before dashing off to work ! There were plenty of them left in my local store and I'm really pleased with it. It hasn't been one of those items that you hang up behind the door in the spare room and sneak in every so often to ask "Do I really want this? Shall I take it back?". I wore it immediately. It's comfortable and I feel very jaunty in it .Like a grown up, and hopefully less vacuous, Andy Pandy!

Note: It did need a stitch putting in at the front. For some crazy reason they left it open at the front. No big deal !

I think it looks very similar to the Marks & Spencer Small Tile Print Jumpsuit which is sold out in my size and costs £49.50. Saving the £40 (no doubt to spend on something else) makes me love mine even more.





Enjoy the Bank Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment