Clarks Sale Edit

This was meant to be an internet and shopping free few days away. Just not possible. I am clearly now addicted to this blog and to sharing the great buys I find. I was so pleased with my purchases from Clarks on Sunday that I decided to check out their sale online.

 What follows is an edit- yes, I appreciate there's a rather a lot to be called and edit bit I DID use my discretion -  and have featured the best styles. And there are quite a few of them. Starting with Sandals and moving on to shoes which will be useful when the weather gets cooler- that will be next week then- I will culminate in some boots which, before long, you will wonder why you didn't snap up !

I have featured the first pair before. It's Clarks' version of the Birkensock which retails for 3 times as much as this one. I have a pair in silver and can highly recommend them for comfort and on trend style. This is an iconic shape and will be around for ages. Great to slip on with trousers or for a relaxed vibe with a Summer Dress.


Netrix Rose £25 ( was £50) Grey Snakeskin






In Silver, Off White and Black






Studio Star £25 ( was £55 )


A more feminine version of the traditional gladiator, with a very small wedge. Also made in white but, for me that doesn't quite work with the style.





Renee Ice £35 ( was £ 50 )

What more could you ask for if you're into the Gladiator Style ? These Grecian Sandals are reminiscent of those of the make of that name but a complete steal at only £25.





Sandcastle Art £35 ( was £45 )


I bought these in the cotton shade last year and they have been invaluable . Really versatile. They weren't available in tan when I got mine or it would have been a tough choice- I love them both.




Dots Cloud Espadrille £30 ( was £60 )


The multi coloured  pair has sold out but in black or silver they are still a brilliant buy. The Espadrille is massive this Summer . More substantial in construction but not in a way which compromises the weight, these have the appearance of a rope sole but it's actually rubber. No wet and smelly feet in these when you get caught short in the rain. And no smell of wet dog ! Leather lined, they are the grown up version of a style we all loved.





Scent Whisp £40 ( was £50 )

I particularly like the pale cream version of these wedge sling backs. Perfect as your  dressy holiday shoe.





Berwick Ruby £45 ( was £ 65 ) 


These tassell fronted sling backs hark back to the 60's. Great with Summer Dresses but they are also going to look fab with a simple shift style as the Summer draws to an end. I reckon that yellow will be surprisingly useful.




Susie Diva £25 ( was £50 )

This is a reworking of last year's Diva shoe. The block heel was a sound buy then, even a little ahead of its time, and remains so now. I'm not entirely convinced about the gold metallic front on the tan pair, better to have been all tan in my view, but the black and white are wardrobe staples .The  black pair will see you through all year.




Oriana £45 ( was £65 )


These stylish stack heeled sling backs with a natty tassell are wearable now and will not look out of place with opaque tights come chillier times. For me, the heel is on the high side but the shoes do have the  benefit of the Clark's cushioning system to offset any additional pressure caused by the angle of your foot.






Orla Beryl £100 ( was £150 )


These are fabulous. They are so Biba, so evocative of the age of disco that even though I don't need them, they keep on calling my name ! They are going to be great with flared jeans, a floaty jumpsuit, an A line skirt.... 







Orla Beatrice £95 ( was £140 )

More sensible but equally cool, these sling backs from Orla Kiely are delicious too. The brown/ yellow combo reminds me of those toffee and banana chews we bought on the way home from Brownies!! Yum! We didn't always hand over our Subs!!

Cream or white shoes can look a bit naff or twee. The chunky block heel, rounded toe and the silver snaffle on the contract pale blue lifts this beyond any sniff of Mumsy ( actually I hate that's phrase, what's wrong with being a Mum??) but you know what I mean ! Anyway these are cool.





Orla Barbara £75 ( was £110 )

The clever colour combinations of Orla Barbara are a delight. With very much a 60's vibe, the silver chain T Bar and the contrasting shades , lightly tread the line between edgy and feminine. These will be brilliant with a short A Line skirt ( the 'in' shape for Autumn ) or pinafore/ whist dress.





In tan and pale pink



Orla Bella £70 (was £100 )


More scrumptiousness disguised as a sensible shoe !
 






Clarks Originals Wallabee £55 (was £85 )

From the sublime.... !!! Actually, that's unfair. It's horses for courses. One day you want to be a Fashion Queen, the next you just want to get out quick and walk the dog. Fair enough. On those days , these are your best friend- other than your Dog, that is ! If there's still a part of you ( which you want to strangle on these no nonsense days ) that squeaks that you'd like to look at least a little fashionable, pull on your girlfriend jeans and make sure you've got the hem properly rolled. Et Voila! As we now say in Yorkshire !



She of course could not care less what I wear on my feet !






Clarks Originals Desert Boot £65 ( was £85 )

The iconic style. Not for me as I still remember Greenham Common but I  am starting to see the appeal. Maybe it's an age thing! 




Grey snake, Lilac and Coral




Flounce Away £35 ( was £70 )

Chalk Suede with a smooth leather toe cap these off duty high tops have 50% off  and represent brilliant value. 




Last Autumn/ Winter it was all about ankle boots. Knee length boots took a back seat after years of being the go to option and suddenly looked a little dated. The trend continues so buying early seems like a very sensible option. 

Maisie Hotel £40 ( was £80 )

I have this Chelsea Boot in both Black  and Navy Suede. It's supremely comfortable- never rubbed- and I'm congratulating myself heartily for making my purchases, in advance, in the Sale. You should do the same.





In Pale Sand


I dismissed this shade at one stage but, given the unpredictability of our Spring and Summer weather, its perfect when you need the coverage and warmth but don't want to concede defeat with a black or brown boot. I have a similar style and colour from Marks and Spencer in suede which has been very handy. Leather a better option though - wish I'd seen this first.





Mariella Busby £40 ( was £80 )

A less urban boot than Maisie Hotel with a more chunky sole. But as I've said... Horses for....! Oh I must be getting tired now, enough of that phrase!






Hotel Chase £40 ( was £80 )



Back to the lighter sole and a more equestrian theme , with the contrast trim and buckle.




And finally, I've brought you from high Summer to Autumnal knee length boots. I know it seems counter intuitive to make this kind of buy when the sun is beating down ( I wish, it sure ain't beating down in The Forest of Dean !) but there's no better time to bargain hunt. If you're not concerned about having ' this season's ' coat or wooly jumper, dig about a bit now. 


Lindley Charm £80 ( was £ 160 )

At half price these tan over the knee boots are a great investment . Buy them and put them away. Imagine your delight when, as the leaves are turning, you remember your fashion savvy purchase. How glad will you be?!





Mint Treat GTX £69.99 ( was £140 )

A shorter, knee length boot, with a small silver buckle and an equestrian cut, this boot combines style and practicality. It has the benefit of waterproof Gore Tex technology. Good to know. Sold to the Lady on the left !







Ok then . Cheers from the log cabin. Hope one of the styles from dear old Clarks tickles your fancy. Take a punt. It's free delivery and free returns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment