It's the little things.....

I was asked by my Colleagues to cover something practical in the next blog. The kind of clothes one actually wears after you walk in after a day at work - trackie bottoms and a sweatshirt perhaps. Or a feature on big knickers. So, always a crowd Pleaser, today's blog is on..... Faux fur collars and scarves !!! So sorry to disappoint but as those kind of clothes seem a kind of metaphor for my life at the moment - practical and dull - I just couldn't dedicate any precious, fantasy, time to them ! Soon (perhaps).

I think I must be a kind of sartorial Magpie. I love anything bright, jewel like and eye catching. I might not actually invest in the more alarming colour combinations, often plumping for the conservative option for longevity,but oh how I love what surprises and grabs attention. Many of these beauties below fall into that category and, for most, at under £50, they are a brilliant way to add a dash of drama and surprise.


Helen Moore is the best place to start any quest. The website is a delight, offering a plethora of styles and a range of prices.They make brilliant presents. I vowed not to use the C word, but it's not far off now. Depending on how much you love the receipient you can choose how much you want to fork out. You can also match the style and colour to how wild and outgoing the object of your gift. There's traditional and conservative to vibrant and funky. Fill your boots!!

The first style is a bit like a large, furry bandana. I am in love with the two tone versions - how amazing will they look over a plain jumper or coat ? They come in two bold and contrasting shades, the dominant colour forming a cowl effect and the bright flash of its companion, tucking neatly behind.The style also comes in more traditional, one colour options too.

I know I've come to the right place when, not only does something look good, the names are enchanting and evocative too ! Not Brown, Black and Navy but ....Mocha , Ebony and Midnight !!! An OTT English Graduate ? Me ? You bet !

I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves. I'm sure we all know how to wear a scarf !


Helen Moore Faux Fur Scarf £50

Kingfisher/Midnight




Charcoal/ Dusky
Auvergne/ Magenta
Opal/Dusty






If I was to play safe and, at £50, I might be tempted to be, the Ocelot and Treacle version would probably be my choice. You would wear this forever. Stylish and classic this will add clout to your TopShop duds and will still be going when it's time for the Dannimac.


















More fabulous colours !













 
 


The bottom on one reminds me of a dachund's coat !





Rather a lot I know but I had to let you see them.

A different style but still in the same luxurious faux fur and offering a similarly wide range of hues, is the Buckle Collar. This will transform a plain coat. For me, I might be worried that it was just a tad too snug on the neck. I don't like to be so closely swaddled. An age thing apparently . It is however lustre lined so there should be no issues with itchiness .








Dark green ( Spruce - so much nicer ) is very now and if you didn't want to commit to the whole evergreen look, this would be the ideal compromise .

The buckle is leather, as one would hope at this price.


Kingfisher 
Truffle





Ebony
Mocha








Powder Blue 

The faux Fur Switch is what I had in mind as present potential. It's double sided fur and has fastenings at either end. This allows you to make a longer scarf by attaching more switches, should you wish. It's a brilliant idea. A stand alone item and one with scope to alter.





I thought the Powder Blue beautiful and subtle but there are loads of shades to choose from. Liven up a crew neck jumper or a plain dress.

If you're thinking that you're not sure about the trend credentials of this one - you being such a fashion animal an all - hang into the fact that Hush are doing there own version. Similar price by put nowhere near the colour choice. I think we can agree that Hush is cool , ergo....







 











I decided I'd better tear myself away from the Helen Moore website and bring you other options. Starting with Boden.

A more traditional scarf and offering three colour ways. I'm thinking this ( particularly the pink one ) is a candidate for the sale so I'd hang fire until their usual, brilliant, reductions. You will need nerves of steel if it's a Christmas present though. You usually have to order the second the sale starts to get delivery before the 25th.



Boden Faux Fur Scarf £59
Coral Reef




Vintage Blue
Black





I've included a Shrimps scarf for the sake of reinforcing my fashion nous. The original faux fur fashion house, their coats are truly fabulous but, as a fun statement, waaay beyond most , normal, people's budget. This scarf might be a foot on the ladder though ?! I'm pretty sure that there a character in the Muppets made of the same colours as the green scarf though ! 

Shrimps Marnie Scarf £185







From the sublime..... The High Street has loads to offer in the faux fur scarf department.Whilst not providing the breadth of colour or the subtlety of the combinations , there is plenty to choose from if you look.





New Look Black Colour Block Faux Fur Stole £24 ( now £18.74)







A different spin on your leather jacket.






M&S Faux Fur Slip Through Scarf £25
Caramel








Cream
Grey





Dorothy Perkins has made a brave attempt at the multi tone look. I'm not sure about the Cream and Magenta Combo but the Wine Stole is a good deal more subtle and , well, Grazia seems to approve too .

Dorothy Perkins Faux Fur Stole £18 ( now £13.50)







Cream/Grey
Cream/ Magenta




Sorry, I'm leaping about, cost wise, all over the place here. This Reiss number is not exactly a stocking filler but the animal print, like the Helen Moore Ocelot, will live forever.

Reiss Falabella £85
Leopard Print






Back down the shallow end ! 
Oasis Faux Fur Scarf £24





I appreciate that this blog has been heavily Helen Moore weighted. It's because she's the best. And so, without apology , I'm going to finish with these three beauties. No one will fail to notice you in them. They are beautifully soft, amazingly versatile ,  vibrant, fun and life affirming. You don't need to lose wight to wear one and they are always going to fit. NOW Do you see why you need one ?!! 















Dear Santa - I have been very good this year......



No comments:

Post a Comment